by/ Søren Niebuhr
- Current Investment Portfolio:
- Pure Algae Denmark ApS. Industrialization of circular, land-based algae manufacturing. Impact driven, Green Transition. Board Chairman, investor.
- FASTSewn, Automating the sewing industry by developing the next generation of fully automated sewing and cutting systems.
- Kasparium, Modularized & Moveable Warehouse Automation.
- References from BOREAN Portfolio:
- adapa. Board Chairman 2018-2019
- Bifrost Comunications. Board Chairman 2018-2022
- Digital Revisor. Board Chairman 2021-2021.
- DOT Marketing. Board Chairman 2019-2021.
- Faster Plaster. Board Chairman 2021-2022.
- Flo2r. Board Chairman 2020-2022.
- Frugal Technologies. Board Chairman 2018-2020.
- Inventilate. Board Chairman 2019-2021.
- Joint Blade Rotor. Board Chairman 2019-2021.
- JumpStory. Board Chairman / Board Director 2018-2022.
- Lapee. Board Chairman 2019-2022.
- MarionetteXR. Board Chairman 2020-2022.
- Methyl Detect. Board Chairman 2019-2021.
- Paqle. Board Chairman 2018-2022.
- Port Safety. Board Chairman / Board Director 2018-2022.
- Scopito. Board Chairman 2021-2022.
- Sculpto. Board Chairman / Board Director 2018-2020.
- SunTherm. Board Chairman 2020-2021.
- SabreCMS / Tigerbyte. Board Chairman 2018-2020.
- Universal Bar Feeder. Board Chairman 2018-2021.
- VisBlue. Board Chairman 2018-2020.
– ENTREPRENEURSHIP: – Company Start-up – Business Plan development – Go-to-market strategy – Exit Management
– OPERATIONS: – Manufacturing Strategy, Optimisation and Development – Supply Chain Setup and Development
– PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT: – International Business Development and Globalization – Risk Management – Cultural Management
– BOARD MANAGEMENT: – Professional Board Advisory – Funding Strategy and Execution – Corporate Governance – Competence Planning
Previous Work Experience
Portfolio Manager / BOREAN Innovation / Mar, 2018 – Dec, 2022
BOREAN Innovation was an innovation environment that created, developed and invested in knowledge-based entrepreneurs, helping to create tomorrow’s growth companies. Borean completed more than 100+ investments in 10 years. The last 3 years we managed to close the fund after exiting the entire portfolio of 50 investments – .
Partner / BC Invest / May, 2014 – present
CONSULTING: tomorrows organizations are thriving on interim- and project based management. Specialties: – Asia Strategy & Globalization – Succession Planning and M&A – Operations & Manufacturing – Board Development & Corporate Governance – Wind Power Industry
Partner / MICTORY Management Ltd. / Dec, 2016 – present
Inter-Cultural Performance Management consultancy, specialised in optimising your business in China. Personal credentials: – 17 years experience in Chinese business. – 4 years living in China, setting up manufacturing site from green field. – Extensive experience in management, sourcing, manufacturing and business development. – Strong analytical, communications-, and cultural management skills – M.Sc. in Manufacturing Engineering and MBA.
COO, Managing Director / Niebuhr Gears / Jan, 2007 – Nov, 2013
Co-owner and Director of Manufacturing, Production & Logistics. Responsible for general management with special projects such as: – Complete setup of manufacturing plant in China – Developing team leader organization in the production – Implementing new ERP system in Finance and Operations – Supplier Development and globalization of supply chain – Developing globalization strategy
Operations & Supplier Development / NOKIA/ Apr, 2000 – Jan, 2007
Global responsibility for management and development of major plastics supplier to mobile phones projects. Responsibility for contract negotiations, cost-, quality-, and technology management, factory audit in 8 different countries. Operations responsibility in mobile phones development projects from Design for Manufacturing stage through prototype building to serial production and capacity management. Managing a project team with Design for Board Assembly, Design for Final Assembly, Design for Production Test, Design for Packaging, prototype manufacturing and factory serial production.
> Henley Business School, 2011 – 2014 , MBA, Business Administration
> Aalborg University, 1993 – 1998 , Master of Science (M.Sc.), Manufacturing Engineering
> The University of Queensland, 1997, M.Sc. semester, Manufacturing Engineering